Megan Reardon


I recently read an interview between Rebecca Blood- and Megan Reardon. Ms. Reardon first started her famous blog , " Not Megan" in the spring of 2001. She claims that her inspiration for creating the blog was to simply keep her idea together.  She also went on to say that 

"I started Not Martha as a way to keep track of links and ideas I was interested in or knew I'd want to reference later. It also worked as a place to keep notes on things I'd been doing."

It would seem as though that throughout her time of having the blog she became more and more focused on making it hers instead of other peoples . She even went as far as to disable comments on her posts in order to prevent the angry conversations that surrounded her comment sections on many occasions.

From the outside in this seems to be one persons realize . While she did achieve her time in the online spotlight , the goal of not Martha was never to entertain others but simply entertain herself and post things that were concurrent with her and her life. When people get an online platform a lot of the time readers see a shift in motivation . It becomes  "im doing this for myself vs Im do thing for my fans." 

Cannot help but wonder how she was able to separate herself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Google Evil?